Coconut

C - O - C - O - N - U - T

I am normally not a fan of the humble coconut. But in the Philippines, accosted by the buko pie, who can resist? Here's free advertisement for Sheila's Buko Pie, and I even carried a whole pie home - Yup, I chose the pie instead of the worms for the flight, and it survived very well.

It also survived a day in my fridge at home for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I first met the buko pie waaaay back in the year 2002 - when I was presented with a few during a welcome feast in Dumaguete, Philippines.Now, even if you don't like coconut, the buko pie in the Philippines will really tempt you to eat one slice. And then another. And then... you wish you have plenty more room for this ang sarap dessert!

1 comments - add a comment: to “ Coconut

Click here to go to the Comment Form

  • Rune
    Thu May 12, 12:16:00 pm  

    I love buko pie!! it's kinda unique style of cooking. it has really a taste good!!!! everyone must tryna eat this buko pie.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming here to post a comment. Please note the following Comment Policy: I reserve the right to edit or delete comments, including deleting or editing comment signatures, link exchange requests, additional URLs, foreign languages and/or anything deemed spam, inflammatory, offensive, political, x-rated, irrelevant to the post(s) and/or unsuitable for this blog to be associated with.

Genuine, relevant comments are appreciated, although I regret I may not be able to reply or acknowledge every single comment. Thank you for your understanding, thanks for visiting and have a blessed day!

View the Table Of Contents of all articles - more than 350 articles to-date.